Skip to main content

A Thriller Roller Coaster Ride



I work for a big company, I make a good salary and am in my 3rd month of pregnancy. My team has been involving me in great assignments. My manager said she would give me a raise, and asked me to take promotion interview too..Everything is going really well and smooth. 
But....
Roller Coaster
Source: https://wallpaperaccess.com/roller-coaster-desktop

On Friday the 21st, 2020 as I was waiting on my STEM OPT(work authorization extension) approval for over a month, I called out to USCIS to see my case status after my husband Sandeep literally pursued me to call. I was expecting nothing but just wait for few more days.. but the customer care lady said that on Feb 18th, my case got denied by the USCIS and the denial reason will be mailed to me directly. I was shocked and had nothing to say to her. I looked to my husband Sandeep and all my life flashed in a moment..losing job, going back to India leaving my husband, raising a baby alone...! Oh My God! I broke into terrible tears....cried really really bad! Sandeep and I just sat on the couch just trying to calm down and think through.

Then I asked him to pray and I prayed after him. As we prayed, I remembered the verses Rejoice in the Lord(Phillipians 4) and also remembered the times how God strengthened me when my dad passed away. He knows what I need, His plans are better than mine. Suddenly even in midst of chaos, I experienced His peace. I felt that I don't need a job or to stay here if God doesn't want me to. He is in control of everything! Sandeep started searching similar cases on google and I slept off early but after all, we are humans, our brains cant rest even if we want to! We were up most of the night.

Feb 22,2020. I had to get up early as I committed to be there at a whole day volunteer work for high school students. I was able to help kids learn about technology. Back of my mind, I have little sadness, and anxiety why my case was denied. I was able to explain my situation to my boss. She was kind and tried to cheer me up. She showed me my raise numbers which she thought would make me feel good but it made it worse. I am now thinking I am gonna miss this big raise too!! 😪

When I was praying the next day, God reminded my through James 1 2-4 saying "Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, 3 for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. 4 And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." So much peace after that! All my anxiety was removed from my head.

Reading Bible and doing lot of Bible studies when everything is perfect and comfortable and telling everyone it will be ok, is easy but implementing and having assurance in the Word when we go through trials is not that easy. It can only be experienced by having faith in His Word.

Then, next series of days, we had ups and downs. I applied for another degree program at UTD as per my university's suggestion. the deadline was March 1st. God helped us to apply. My university asked us to show $50K as 1 year funds, which is really huge. But by God's never ending grace, after praying we asked my husband's friend and he was kind to be our sponsor for time being to show in documents. And other friend helped by talking to the department head even before we asked. By pure grace of God! I got the admit within few days.

March first week, I was still waiting for the denial notice. I was thinking I had 60days to leave or make arrangements from date of denial. But my university informed that its 60days from my work auth expiry date which was Jan 13th. So I literally have no days left before March 13th! I still do not know why my case was denied. The whole time, I have been having nausea and was throwing up as I was in my first trimester. And all of a sudden, I was having skin rashes, very itchy, spreading all over my body. I was broken!! I cried out to the Lord again asking for strength. I couldn't take the stress. God reminded me of Job from old testament. I couldn't even imagine being in his shoes! So much pain. My pain looked like nothing when compared to his'.

March 9th, I still didn't get the notice. I called USCIS many times and waited on their long queues hoping they would email me if I requested. But no luck. They said according to their rules, they are not supposed to email the notice. I pleaded them saying I need to leave the country in 2days. But they gave same response. I totally understand that they have policies. Sandeep asked me to accept my admit to be safe. But whenever I prayed, I couldn't get an approval from God to accept the admit. We had a little argument. But by God's grace he understood my heart and we prayed together that night. We requested God for the denial notice and begged Him to show us the next steps.

Next day morning I tried calling USCIS again and my husband reached out to Congressman office for help. I had no idea about them. But they were really helpful and kind! Within 3 hours we had the denial notice in our email. We were shocked. We reached out to my Employer and lawyer. We were thinking it is because of some government error, but came to know its my HR team's mistake. They gave me a wrong E-verify number which really made me so sad! I couldn't digest it. I trusted them so much. I couldn't sleep whole night thinking why they did not even consider about confessing it after my denial. I was filled with deep sorrow as I trusted them so much.

March 11th, my lawyer after reviewing all my case said we had very less chance of winning our case; incase we try to appeal, as it is my employer's mistake. But they said they were going to do it anyway. My HR team confessed that its their mistake and said they will do a strong affidavit stating all the details of their mistake. My manager and her Boss were on the call, so that gave me assurance of not losing the job. Lawyer said she will file Motion to reopen my case and also said she will file Change of status to a dependent visa so that I do not need to travel out of country immediately. They also filed H1B visa. If picked in lottery, I can work from October. Anyway, I am not supposed to currently but I am not fired yet! So thats good news. Yay!

God has been so gracious the whole time! It was quite a thriller roller coaster for me and my husband. Even after having so many anxious moments, God gave me Peace, Joy and willingness to do whatever He tells me to do, whether it is to leave the country, leave the job or anything!

March 13th, the last day of my grace period, I got my denial notice in mail. LOL 😂😂😂😂😂 Perfect timing. Good job USPS 😜

March 15th -  Forever: COVID SHUTDOWNS every whereeeee!

April 1st, I wish they said April fool, you can work from now. But nope! Anyway, H1B results are out, my application is not picked up in the lottery 😞 But I hope God has a plan. I just hold on to Jeremiah 29:11, For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare[a] and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

May 19th my motion to reopen was approved. My company tried to contact uscis through liaison and it worked. By Gods grace they were so generous and reconsidered their decision and gave me work authorization!! I cannot express the JOY that I am experiencing right now!! Full of gratefulness towards the Lord. 


Ok wait! There's more now! US govt announced to have second lottery for H1 as there were few backed up from denying outside cases for 2020. This is first time ever, I heard about second time attempt. And as you could have guessed it already, my application was picked up this time and got approved after my company filed premium processing! Ammmmmazinggggg right?!
All the Praise and Glory to God alone! :) 

Hope my small rollercoaster ride encouraged you through whatever circumstances you are going through. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey in search of Truth

Hello there! I want to share my story about how I encountered God and started pursuing Him. Growing up, I was a curious kid. I was born into a core Hindu family where everything can be considered to be a god. Literally speaking, Hinduism believe in 3 crore goddesses. So I believed and grew up thinking that all gods are equal. I used to visit temples a lot where a lot of god idols are there. But back of my mind I always had a doubt that which one is listening and which one is answering. I went to a Catholic school where my mom is a teacher. So I learnt how to pray basic prayer to a Christian God Jesus. Hurray! I have one more God added to my list now. So whenever I need something, like getting good grades, getting good gifts from my parents and if I need to find something that I lost before my mom finds out, I used to test these gods. So likewise, it was Jesus' turn in my trial. Magically, everything that I asked was answered. I was happy! So I continued to use Him like I w

Dating & Relationships: What does Godly Dating really mean?

             “Dating”- a common devalued fancy term used by this generation to try out people to satisfy their desires.  Meeting a person, knowing each other, getting closer beyond their limits and finally breaking up with them for not feeling compatible enough is one sort of dating. Whereas the other type is a mere fornication, where a person meet the other person just to fulfill their bodily pleasures. Everyone now thinks this is so cool and is nothing but being open minded -- completely forgetting that they are flying away from God.       I have always been asked by my friends that “If you won’t try, how would you know what he actually is? How can I get stuck in that relation for life long if we are not really meant for each other?” My answer for them is  “Did our parents choose/try us before giving birth or at least while raising us up? or did we even choose/try them and check the compatibility factors between us? No right? But still they love us unconditionally and do we.